Amazon search

Sunday 5 January 2020

Morning Prayer


Morning Prayer

A Morning Prayer

Almighty God,
you fill all things with your presence.
In your great love,
keep us near you this day.
Grant that in all our ways and doings
we may remember that you see us,
and may always have grace to know and perceive
what things you would have us do,
and give us strength to do the same;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for First Thing in the Morning

Good morning, Lord!

Thank You for a new day. Thank You that Your compassion is renewed every morning. Great is Your faithfulness and Your steadfast love, O Lord!

I don’t know what all is going to happen today, and how much I’ll get done, but You do. So I give this day to You.

Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, Father. Energize me for Your work, because You know how tired these bones are. Awaken me to the wonder of Your salvation, and quicken my spirit to the reality of Your work in my life.

Lord, my mind is filled with creative ideas, but they’re all jumbled. Holy Spirit, come and hover over my mind like You hovered over the waters at creation and speak order out of the chaos! Help me to cease striving and to trust that You will give me all I need today to do the work You’ve given me to do.

You will be faithful to complete the good work You’ve started, and as I step out into my day, I declare Your sovereignty over every area of my life. I entrust myself to You and ask that You use me however You see fit.

This day is Yours. My body is Yours. My mind is Yours. Everything I am is Yours. May You be pleased with me today. Amen.

Daily Prayer of Thanksgiving

Dear God,

Thank you for your amazing power and work in our lives, thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over us.

Thank you for your great love and care. Thank you for your sacrifice so that we might have freedom and life.

Forgive us for when we don't thank you enough, for who you are, for all that you do, for all that you've given.

Help us to set our eyes and our hearts on you afresh. Renew our spirits, fill us with your peace and joy.

We love you and we need you, this day and every day. We give you praise and thanks, for You alone are worthy!

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Arise and Shine in My Heart

O Lord Jesus,
Creator of all things,
light of the glory
of the Father in heaven.
I thank you for letting me see
the light of a new day!
Bright Sun of Righteousness,
arise and shine in my heart,
so that I may walk as a child of light as in the day,
and finally see you
in the eternal light of joy everlasting.
Amen.

Morning Prayer for Strength

Lord, I am weary and don’t know when this “race” will end in my life. I feel like I’ve been running forever, trying to outrun this trial. Help me to stop trying to outrun my pain but rather run with endurance the race you have set before me.

I know that because of you I am ultimately a victor over the trials in my life. I know that nothing in this world can separate me from your steadfast love. Please give me a measure of your love today; give me the strength to endure this trial.

Thank you for your love for me that never ends! And thank you for the crown of joy that awaits me forever in your Kingdom.

Morning Prayer for Hope Today

Lord, help me to hear you saying, "I am your hope" over all the other voices. Lord, your word says, you are the hope for hopeless so I'm running to you with both hands stretched out and grabbing on to you.

Fill me up with hope and give me a tangible reminder today that hope is an unbreakable spiritual lifeline . God, you know those things in my heart that I barely dare to hope for, today I give them to you, I trust them to you, and ask that you because I know that you can do more than I could ever guess, imagine or request in wildest dreams .

God, you are my hope and I trust you. Amen.

Morning Prayer for God's Grace Daily

Lord, thank you for your abundant, abounding grace. Thank you that we don't have to earn a drop of the mighty river of grace that flows freely for us today. Thank you for the unexpected, unmerited favor you've showered on my life. Help me put myself in the path of your love and grace. Help me not neglect the disciplines I need to meet with you regularly and to drink from the water of life. Thank you for your rich love. Amen.

A Prayer to Start the Day

Dear God, at the start of each day, help us to recognize you above all else. Enlighten the eyes of our heart that we might see you, and notice how you're at work through our lives. Give us wisdom to make the best choices, fill us with a desire to seek after you more than anything else in this world. Let your Spirit and power breathe in us, through us, again, fresh and new. Thank you that you are greater than anything we may face in our day. Thank you that your presence goes with us, and that your joy is never dependent on our circumstances, but it is our true and lasting strength, no matter what we're up against. We ask that your peace lead us, that it would guard our hearts and minds in you. We ask for your grace to cover our lives this day. We love you Lord...we need you. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

  A Prayer to Follow God Today

Dear Lord, I don't know who or what will cross my path today. But I do know that You are my Rock and my Fortress. You are my Shield and my Strong Tower. Help me to anchor myself to You today. Teach me how to stand strong in You and choose only Your way today. Help me walk by Your truth and not my feelings. Help me to embrace anything that comes my way as an opportunity to see You at work and as an opportunity to point others to You. Thank You that You love me and nothing can ever take that away from me! Even if I fail today and fall short, You whisper Your unconditional love deep into my soul and remind me that Your mercies are new every morning. That truly amazes me, Lord. Thank You for meeting with me today. Would You wake me again tomorrow with the same sweet whisper of Your love? I can't wait to meet with You again. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

A Prayer for Guidance

One of the Bible’s greatest truths is that God wants to guide us. He loves us and because He loves us, He wants what is best for us and is willing to show it to us. As your day progresses, it can be difficult to identify these blessings. Begin your day with this morning prayer for guidance:

Dear Lord, I don’t know who or what will cross my path today. But I do know that You are my rock and my fortress. You are my shield and my strong tower. Help me to anchor myself to You today. Teach me how to stand strong in You and choose only Your way today. Help me walk by Your truth and not my feelings. Help me to embrace anything that comes my way as an opportunity to see You at work and as opportunity to point others to You. Amen.

 A Morning Prayer for Gratitude

We should be thankful because God is worthy of our thanksgiving. It is only right to credit Him for “every good and perfect gift” He gives . When we are thankful, our focus moves off selfish desires and off the pain of current circumstances. It also helps us to remember that God is ultimately in control. Beginning each morning with gratitude will provide you with a great foundation. Prayer is one of the intentional ways you can cultivate a grateful heart for yourself. Start your day off with this prayer for gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please do not enter any spam link in the comment box